Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer



What a crazy summer!  I feel like I can finally come up for air now that summer semester is over.  School aside, Alex and I have had an eventful/fun summer.  We had a blast on our little road trip to Las Vegas to celebrate graduation.




We also had the chance to go to Lake Powell with my family.  It was perfect!  We had a little mishap with the ski boat on the first day but we still had a riot!  We went cliff jumping in the most beautiful place I have ever seen at Lake Powell.  Thanks mom and dad for proving a getaway every year for the whole family to get together and play all week!

Alex was so much help with my school load this semester.  I hope the University of Utah puts BreeAnn Sandoval AND Steven Alex Sandoval on my diploma when I graduate because he has made it possible!  I had a pretty heavy school load (14 credits) this semester while I was working full time so Alex helped me with my homework, quizzes and even finals!  I hate to admit this but I took an online finance class as an elective and he did all of the work for it!  I've officially hit that point in my school career where I will do ANYTHING to graduate next year.  Thanks Alex for all of your hard work on my degree.  I love you.

To celebrate the end of the semester we thought that we would do a hike and spend sometime outside.  My sister was in town so we decided to hike to the top or Timanogos.  Alex and I went to bed at 12:40 a.m. the night before the hike and woke up at 3:30 a.m. to meet my dad, Natalie, Jeremy and Jared so we could all ride together to the trail head.  We set out on our hike and 2 miles in we decided that we were probably on the wrong trail because we were really climbing.  Guess what?  We were on the wrong trail!  Lucky for us, we got a little warm up, pre hike.  So, we head up on the right trail and boy was it hard!  It was so beautiful and worth the 18 miles!



Alex and I went to Wicked after 7 long months of waiting!  I cried...words can't describe how phenomenal it was.

Tennis....we love tennis.  Eat, sleep, work, play tennis.  I was frightened to play in my first tennis tournament but it was a fun learning experience.  I didn't win my division but guess who did!?!  Alex won the championship for the annual South Jordan tennis tournament!  I'm so proud of him because he has been attending tennis workouts and investing a lot of time into it now that he is done with school.  Not to mention, little M.J. loves to play tennis too!

On the other hand, Alex and I are moving out of our little apartment to find a home.  The Sandoval's are generously letting us stay at their home while we are in transition.  We are going to move all of our belongings into a storage unit and hope that we find something fabulous soon!  Please say a little prayer for us because we are don't want to be in limbo for long!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am so glad when my friends blog! I am so excited for you to graduate, I remember the last few semesters for Dustin and the feeling of being SO done! You're almost there!! I want to go to Lake Powell so much, it looks like you guys had a blast. I miss you guys, I really want to hang out soon! Please contact us when you have a chance :)

    ReplyDelete