Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Salt Lake City Marathon

As many of you know Alex ran the Salt Lake City Marathon last Saturday.  It was so much fun watching him along the way.  We woke up at 4:00am so we could be to the start line by six.  I felt so cool tagging along with him all morning, helping him stretch and get ready for the race!  When we first arrived to University of Utah, it was raining pretty hard and Alex said to me, "can we just go home and go back to bed?"  I think that was just nerves talking.

   
And he's off!

I have to thank my dad for getting up early and being there at the start line and driving me around every couple of miles to see Alex.  It broke my dad's heart that he wasn't running this race. 
Mile 6.  If you look close enough he is still happy and smiling.  He told me at this point, "I feel great!"....I thought, we'll see if he still feels that way in 9 miles!
Mile 11.5.  Still feeling good...
Mile 14.  My mom and sisters met us at mile 14.  McCall made these hilarious posters that seemed to cheer up the runners.  Alex was laughing pretty hard when he saw them!   
Mile 18.  This is when I started to worry because he kept saying that he was uncomfortable. 
Mile 20.  This spectator decided to wear his belly shirt and play his cow bell!  More cow bell!


I think this is about mile 22.  So many participants looked like they were going to die here.  Alex' parents were at Liberty Park and he was so excited to see them.
THE FINISH!  He finish in 5 hours 10 minutes.  I'm so proud!  I asked him if he would ever do another marathon and he said yes!  He would like to do another one once life calms down a little bit and he has more time to train.  It was so much fun to have our family and friends there to support him.  Thanks everybody for all of your support!

3 comments: