Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So Close!

Last Saturday Alex ran 20.11 miles!  This is a picture of our Garmin once he was done with his run.  It says that he ran 20.11 miles in 3 hours, 17 minutes, and 46 seconds!  This was the last long run until the big race day which is April 16 for all of you who want to come support him!  Alex woke up at about 5:00am Saturday morning so he could eat a hardy breakfast and start his run.  I kept asking him, "why do you have to leave so early?"  He replied by saying, "I want to be asleep and numb for the first 10 miles!" 
I won't lie, I was so worried that I would get a phone call from Alex at 6:00am asking me to come pick him up!  Instead, I got picture messages all morning of places that he was running past.  Here are a few.. 
I know Alex well enough to know that his mouth was watering at the sight of a sausage egg mcmuffin.
I'm so proud of Alex and I can't wait to see him cross that finish line! 

4 comments:

  1. Go Alex! That's so awesome! P.S. Bree- Water for Elephants comes out in 2 and a half weeks, we should go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come down here and go!!! I'm reading that book...

    I'm glad Alex is training for our 10k. (It's funny because a 10k is like 1/4 of the marathon).

    Good luck Big Al!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!! good luck to him marathons are a blast, hopefully he has fun!

    ReplyDelete